The Electron Ion Collider Users Group (EICUG)
The Electron Ion Collider Users Group is an international affiliation of scientists dedicated to developing and promoting the scientific, technological, and educational goals and motivations for a new high energy Electron Ion Collider. A detailed scientific description can be found in the 2014 edition of the White Paper, as well as the 2015 U.S. Nuclear Science Advisory Committee Long Range Plan "Reaching for the Horizon".
Membership in the EICUG is open to all scientists actively engaged in Electron Ion Collider related science, detector R&D, simulations and design. Information regarding joining the EICUG is available at http://www.eicug.org/web/newmembers.
The EICUG organization is defined by the EICUG Charter.
The EICUG is governed by the Institutional Board (IB) and the Steering Committee (SC). The IB is comprised of one delegate from each member institution. For a list of IB members, please select the Institutional Board menu tab on the Phone Book page. The IB appoints a Nominating Committee. With the exception of two members of the SC appointed by Jefferson Lab and Brookhaven National Laboratory, the IB elects the Steering Committee.
- Institutional Board
- Christine Aidala (University of Michigan, USA), term Oct 2016 — Sept 2018
- Elections and Nominating Commitee
- Richard Milner (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA)
- Kawtar Hafidi (Argonne National Laboratory, USA)
- Paul Newman (University of Birmingham, UK)
- Raju Venugopalan (Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA)
- Steering Committee Members as of Jan 2018
- Chair: Bernd Surrow (Temple University, USA); term Aug 2017 - July 2019
- Vice Chair: Charles Hyde (Old Dominion University, USA); term Aug 2017 - July 2019
- At Large Members
- John Arrington (Argonne National Laboratory, USA); term Jan 2017 - Dec 2018
- Marco Radici (INFN - Pavia, Italy); term Jan 2017 - Dec 2018;
- Ernst Sichtermann (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA); term Nov 2017 — Oct 2019
- European Representative:
- Daniel Boer (University Groningen, NL) ; term July 2017 – June 2019
- International Representative: TBD
- Lab Representatives:
- Thomas Ullrich (Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA)
- Rikutaro Yoshida (Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility, USA)
**Coming Soon** For suggestions for EIC-related seminar, colloquia, workshop and conference speakers please contact "firstname.lastname@example.org" .
In the meantime, contact Bernd Surrow (email@example.com) and Charles Hyde (firstname.lastname@example.org).